Tag Archives: EBook What Makes Popcorn Pop? 1991
| Boyds Mills Press | 1991 | ISBN 1-56397-402-9 | 64 pages | PDF |
For more than twenty-five years, readers of Highlights for Children have been writing to Dr. Jack Myers to ask questions about science. Dr. Myers, professor emeritus of zoology at the University of Texas and a member of the National Academy of Sciences, answers those questions in a warm, informative manner that helps young readers understand the complexities of science . This collection includes many frequently asked questions and some that are one-of-a-kind.
* What makes popcorn pop?
* Since salt is not hot, how does it melt ice and snow?
* Why does black absorb heat better than other colors?
* Why do wolves, coyotes, and dogs howl at a full moon?
* If heat rises, why is it cold on top of mountains?
* Why does metal feel cooler than wood when both are the same temperature?
* Does food taste the same to animals as it does to me?